What is a machine room in lifts?
Fire-proof room, in which the engine and the associated equipment are installed.
Requirements on a machine room (not complete):
- Minimum height 2.0 m
- Access door mostly T 30 opening outwards
- The door must be able to be opened from the inside without assistance
- Minimum intensity of Illumination 200 lux
- Sufficient ventilation and exhaust
- Temperature range from +5 to +40 degrees Celsius
- Oil-resistant coat of paint with oil thresholds in the case of hydraulic lifts
- Safe access, guard railing and climbing aids according to specifications
- No additional installations that don’t belong to the lift system
See also: European Standards EN
see also: Lifts without machine roomsback to overview